My great great friend Jeremy is hosting a really important race in the spring and I just want to give a shout out to him for all the hard work he has put into it. It sounds like it's going to be a great event. So read on if you like running, springtime, Asians, helping people, sweating, drinking water, etc!
- The population in China is currently more than 1,349,000,000
- That means that the people of China account for more than 20% of the entire world's population
- The population of the entire Western Hemisphere alone is 900,000,000
- In America there are about 100,000 orphans
- In June of 2011 a low estimate revealed that there are more than 712,000 orphans in China, more than any other country in the world
- Almost all of the orphans in China are infant girls or handicapped boys
- There are so many orphans in China that there aren't enough people available to take care of them, many orphanages in China have a "dying room," where they place the sickest orphans deemed "unhealable" and wait for them to die.
On April 7th, 2012 starting at 9:00 am we are holding a Charity 5K/10K Race that will be run along the Provo River Trail with 100% of the proceeds going to help the orphans.
Please come join us and have some fun while we "Race for the Orphans"! Registration fee is $25 per persona and every participant will receive a free t-shirt!
Energy bars, sports drinks, and fresh fruit will be provided at the event.
Follow this link to register for the event!
Watch this video to learn more about what Half the Sky is doing to help
If you aren’t able to participate in the race but would like to make a contribution to the cause, please follow the link below to make an online donation.
If you would like to become a volunteer and help us organize the race and/or help us on race day email: