Wednesday, September 14, 2011

two sides of a coin





Blouse: J.Crew, White linens: Target, Shoes: Converse via TJMaxx, Necklace: Anthropologie

I want this blog to be ever so slightly satirical.
I also want this blog to be fun and lighthearted.
All the stories I share about dating are meant to have those qualities and not a feeling of criticism. 
Are we all trying to survive in this dating jungle?  I say YAY.
So why not make fun of the jungle just a little bit along the way right?
Truly, boys aren't the only ones who are jerks around this town.
This will be considered.
And ya! I'm going to share GOOD date stories.  Two sides of a coin people...two sides.  If you would like a good or bad date story featured on this blog.  Email me.  
Names will be changed so don't worry.
Let's have fun people.

NOW,

onto the fun part.

I got a few comments yesterday asking how one could talk to another person at the gym in a way that doesn't resemble my story, because you sometimes you see people at the gym and that is the only place you see them.  GOOD QUESTION!
Here are some tips:

1.  Headphones may be a no go--how can one talk to you if you have music blaring in your ears?  I say, it is near impossible.
2.  The drinking fountain-- a place where people thirst....and congregate.  
3.  the normal, "Hi, how are you" interestingly enough goes a long way...you'd be surprised.
4.  Smile.  Yes, God gave us teeth.  But maybe don't do the grinny grin at the gym....just a slight smile will do the trick. 
(all this should be done discreetly akay?)

Yes, the gym is an awkward place to talk to people....everybody KNOWS it.  I compare it like this:  The bar is for "normal" peeps as the gym is for mormons.  We all know everyone is checking everyone else out---ya...you know you do it.  IT'S THE FREAKING GYM.  Am I right?  Maybe not.  Maybe you would rather have a relationship with your treadmill rather than with a human.  Props to you.  So you know what I say?  Suck up your pride, and embrace the awkwardness of it all...but try not to be a creeper about it.  hahahaha

Do you have any suggestions?


3 comments:

  1. walk up and say, "Fat Penguin." When they look at you funny say, "I just wanted to say something to break the ice."

    Or you can say, "you work out at Gold's too? I didn't know you were a DB too!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg! So fun ! I might glance over here now and again for some fun amusement even though, luckily, I am out of the dating game. Can I just mention I got hit on at Gold's AFTER I was married. I guess the ONLY ring I wear wasn't obvious enough. Beware the Lion's they are ALWAYS on the prowl. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. too great. this post is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete