Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Marry Me Already!!!!





laurabphoto.blogspot.com

Blouse: J.Crew, Shirt: Target, Skirt: Thrifted, Necklace: Target, Watch: Gift

One time I took a stab at online dating.

Ok....that came out wrong.

One time I got dared to take a stab at online dating.

I took that challenge and signed up for just about the only free dating sight called marrymealready.com.  YEP.

Let's just talk about this for a second....

Online dating is real funny.

I did all that was required as a "Potential MATE"

1) I put up a real HAWT photoshopped beauty of myself for all to see

2) Made myself look real good by saying that I breed beautiful black stallions, and can do weird crap like balance an egg on my nose.  I don't do either of those things, but naturally a man wants a woman who knows how to ride.  haha

Next came the waiting.  Waiting for what they call "flirts," "winks," and "tickles."  The last one really puzzles me.

One hour later, I got my first "flirt."

My roommates and I huddled around my computer to see who the lucky guy was.  Oy.........

Enter Ling Pei:  A 43 year old Chinese man living in Provo, Utah who said, "I like your picture.  You very beautiful.  We should get together sometimes and discuss our likes and dislikes about life.  Maybe even practice our Chinese together?"  (in case you were wondering I speak broken chinese....)

After a good laugh with the roomies, and a gentle nudge to Ling Pei telling him I wasn't interested, I decided that online dating just wasn't the right fit for moi. 


3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Seriously worth the online dating registration just for that story. I am a new follower!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete