Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sip and Scan vs. Eat a Cookie...Take a Lookie






laurabphoto.blogspot.com

Blouse: Vintage via Decades, Skirt: Anthropologie, Heels: Ross, Jewelry: Heirloom from the Grammy.

I've heard both terms.

Non-Mormons: Sip and Scan.
Mormons: Eat a Cookie...Take a Lookie.   

I've never been to a bar, but while I was in D.C. we walked past an outdoor bar one night and I was totally fascinated.  It makes me sound like a sheltered human but whatevs.  
"Oh hi....let me just stand there and watch you while you flirt it up slash sip and scan with the blonde stiletto wearing HOTTIE...oh but shes taller than you.  Awkward."

Not to mention, I had on my bright yellow pants so it made that much more....great.  

The sip and scan...very suave I tell you.  A man is with his "buddies,"  (isn't it funny how men call their friends their buddies?) and then one takes a drink.  Right at the moment his lips leave the tip of the glass/bottle, he scans the room for his target.  

My friend had to drag me away because I was so taken away by the hilarity of our humanity--especially in this situation.  

Mormons don't drink....what you didn't know?  So, we must have an equivalent right?  A boy in my ward would call it the "Eat a Cookie...Take a Lookie."

Oh shush.  We've all done it.  Dessert parties are a STAPLE in my town.  Obviously when I go to one, I go STRAIGHT to the dessert table.  Obvi.  Dessert parties (this subject will be spoken about in depth in a later post) are a great way to meet a "potential."  You grab your cookie, and then you take your lookie.  

aaaaand if you don't find anyone...what do you do?  

Wellll....what I have done in the past, and would suggest, is to grab as many treats as you can, stuff them into your purse slash jean pocket....and casually slip out the door thanking the host/hostess.

Once home, I plop on the couch and eat them as I watch an episode of The Biggest Loser.  

Classic.   


5 comments:

  1. Next time maybe we'll do Happy Hour... also, I want to see your shoes! More pictures with shoes! You have great shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the pictures of her shoes wouldn't send this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with your style.
    I love your blog.

    xo
    rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

    Also,don't forget to enter my giveaway...
    Pink is included (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving your skirt and jealous of the yellow pants. Great blog girl!

    ReplyDelete