Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why do people really go to the library???






Jack!  I'm flying!  I'll give you a buck if you can name that movie. 

Poncho: Anthropologie, Scarf: H&M, pants: THA-RIFTED!!!, Shoes: Nordstrom

I've been spending a fair amount of time at the library this week because it's midterm time for moi.

The library is a funny place.  I can just feel the sexual tension happening there.  

I feel like everyone is checking everyone out.

I feel like every time I get up to get a drink or go potty, there are eyes upon me....girls or boys.  

It's weird.  

Yesterday, I sat next to this boy who was distracting me because he spent more time looking around the room rather than with his nose in his books. 

and then the fetching fetcher proceeded to talk slash flirt with like 5 girls in like 15 minutes.

A technique I have yet to master my friends.  

So, let's be honest here.  Why do you go to the library?  Or if you're not in school, do you have a "place" like unto the library?  Do you have any funny library or like unto library stories?  

ooooo....I'd love to hear them.

Give us the dets.  

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember this, but I used to work at the library. We did a study last summer and found that the 5th floor is the hottest spot for "socializing." Interestingly, not the "no-shush zone." Therefore increasing the silent sexual tensions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I was at the library working on getting this girl's number. And then you, Meg, called me over and I got your number. And then her's but then it was awkward. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! You are so funny.

    One time,I sat down at a table of 3 guys in the NOSH zone. I was studying for a test,but they all kept talking to me. It was SO annoying! Then later I accidentally dropped a ring,and I was tryin to look for it... then these two RM's got up and announced to everyone,"HEY EVERYONE! THIS GIRL HAS DROPPED HER RING. PLEASE LOOK AROUND YOUR IMMEDIATE PERIMETER!" Basically I was so embarrassed and annoyed that I had to get up and leave and study somewhere else. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be honest, having been a cougar and going to other colleges... I think it is a phenomenon that happens more at the Y... I always remember looking for deserted spots in the library to study because I always got hit on in the main areas... but at Weber's library (I got married and moved up North) it never happens... I just get to study in peace (maybe it's the ring?) But everywhere I went at BYU, I always hand checked for a ring before I started talking to anyone... because I felt dumb when guys were married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great top! Very unique and different!

    ReplyDelete